What is a Pizza and Paddle Night?
These are a good, fun way to do something different with your Friday night: get some canoeing in, meet other Scouts, Venturers, Rovers, Leaders enjoy a pizza under the stars.
We do offer accommodation if you are travelling from afar (please book directly online)
- Work with the Unit Council to check Our Calendar for a night where we will be offering Pizza and Paddle
- Download, share and read the supporting documentation above.
- Send out the email with a link to this page, and to your Operoo. We have made it really easy for you; The payment, the pizza, the paddling are organised for you.
- Organise Transport to and from the event to 89 Allpass Parade Shornclife
Important Information to Download
|F31-Risk-Assesment-Night-Time-Paddling.pdf Open Download Copy Link||347.87 KB||1st January 2023|
|Brownsea-Site-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf Open Download Copy Link||519.1 KB||1st January 2023|
|Important-Activity-Information.pdf Open Download Copy Link||1.39 MB||1st January 2023|
|What-to-Bring-to-Brownsea.pdf Open Download Copy Link||956.72 KB||1st January 2023|
|Brownsea-Pizza-and-Paddle.pdf Open Download Copy Link||1.01 MB||26th December 2022|
Make a Booking
- 18:45 Registration
- 19:00 Briefing by Packet Leader
- 19:10 Prepare canoes
- 19:30 On the water
- 21:00 Return to Brownsea and Clean Up
- 21:30 Pizza Starts
- 21:50 Clean up Tables
- 22:00 Finish
- Members must have been invested as Scouts, Venturers Rovers or Leaders. No Cubs, Joeys or Linking Cubs.
- Members must be financial members to be covered by insurance. Confirm with QBSI your level of coverage as a member, parent, sibling or other.
- Participants should be able to Swim (as per the requirements of QBSI)
- Kayaking is at the discretion of the Leader In Charge of the Activity, and involves the right qualifications and maintaining ratios of craft on the water
- Once the fee is paid, no refund is generally made, unless there is a specific provision in our site terms and conditions.
- We have strict limits on how many we can host on the activity. Please encourage your group to book early and together so there is no disappointment.