What is a Pizza and Paddle Night?
These are a good, fun way to do something different with your Friday night: get some canoeing in, meet other scouts, enjoy a pizza under the stars. Sleep in your own bed on Friday and you then have the whole weekend free to do what you like.
We do offer accommodation by prior arrangement, if you are travelling far. This is at our scheduled rates as a separate booking enquiry.
- Work with the Unit Council to check Our Calendar for a night where we will be offering Pizza and Paddle
- Send out the email with a link to this page.. We have made it really easy for you; The payment, the pizza the paddling, the C4, and even the contact tracing are all organised for you.
- Organise Transport to and from the event to 89 Allpass Parade Shornclife
- $15 for the Pizza and Paddle for unqualified (Pay through the form below)
- $10 to stay the night in the bunk rooms (book through a booking enquiry) https://groups.operoo.com/public_forms/629518/new
What to Bring
- Warm clothing ready for paddling
- Spray Jacket
- Uniform not required
- Water Bottle
Parking is limited at Brownsea. We are able to, on most nights, provide a drop off zone via VMR next door 95 Allpass Parade. Watch for someone on traffic duty to swipe you in.
- 18:45 Registration
- 19:00 Briefing by Packet Leader
- 19:10 Prepare canoes
- 19:30 On the water
- 21:00 Return to Brownsea and Clean Up
- 21:30 Pizza Starts
- 21:50 Clean up Tables
- 22:00 Finish
- Participants Must be able to Swim (as per QBSI)
- If you hold a Stage 5 or L2 or greater in Paddling, there is no cost
- Kayaking is at the discretion of the Leader In Charge Brownsea, and involves the right qualifications
- The link will close at Thursday 5pm on the night before. Orders must be in before then to avoid disappointment.
- Payment, Pizza Order, and C4 approval must be made through this link to preorder pizza
- Once the fee is paid and provisions purchased, no refund will be made through non-attendance at the respective activity except in special circumstances.
- You will need your membership number to help us with COVID tracing