- Develop Scouts’ skills to a level where Brownsea Guides are confident they can skipper a craft safely and competently.
- Develop qualified and competent Youth members, supported by Adult Leaders from Brownsea and their Group, to form regular crews to support future sailing activities, thus developing their own skills further and helping other youth also progress through OAS.
- The scout method
- Reinforce Skills through learning by doing skills (including rigging and de-rigging)
- The patrol system to develop crews
- The experience in the group to teach others. Those most competent will be able to extend their skills.
Welcome to the 4 Day Scouts Sailing Program
- Youth signing up to this program need to be self-sufficient. (Scouts, Venturers, Rovers, Leaders). While full catering is provided participants will be expected to help Prep Meals and Clean up.
- Permission and Payment Via Care monkey. To register your leader or parent needs to provide your Operoo Profile Email Address to when you book, so we can provide the best care.
- Participants will be requested to do some prework before the week to maximise their learning.
- Bring OAS Books if you have them to record your progress.
- If you are over 14 you may ask email@example.com for the “Sailing Portfolio” and “Navigate Water Ways” VET books. Components of these will be covered over the 4 days. If you are an adult member you will need to have completed prerequisites including the Scouting Adventure Course.
- We start at 8:00 am on the Saturday morning and finish at 3pm on the Tuesday at Brownsea 89 Allpass Parade Shorncliffe.
- We ask youth members leave your mobile device at home. We have found that engagement with other participants and the program suffers, and you may be asked to leave it with the program leaders if you bring it, or worse we often hear they have gone missing or chargers are lost.
- Leaders are not charged for the program, however they may participate in the leader catering option
1 83e4218cf6 Brownsea-Sailing dad1f62f6f
|Brownsea-Site-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf Open Download Copy Link||519.1 KB||30th December 2022|
|Important-Activity-Information.pdf Open Download Copy Link||1.39 MB||30th December 2022|
|What-to-Bring-to-Brownsea.pdf Open Download Copy Link||956.72 KB||30th December 2022|
|Brownsea-Activity-Dingy-Sailing-Program.pdf Open Download Copy Link||1.06 MB||30th December 2022|
|F31-Risk-Assesment-Sailing.pdf Open Download Copy Link||1.42 MB||23rd January 2021|
1 83e4218cf6 Brownsea-Sailing-USP dad1f62f6f
|USP-Program.pdf Open Download Copy Link||1.04 MB||23rd June 2023|
|USP-Menu-Spicy-Dairy-Free-Coleslaw.pdf Open Download Copy Link||511.21 KB||23rd June 2023|
|USP-Menu-Summer.pdf Open Download Copy Link||715.46 KB||23rd June 2023|
|USP-Onion-Soup.pdf Open Download Copy Link||755.77 KB||23rd June 2023|
|USP-Slow-Cook-Cheddar-and-Bacon-Soup.pdf Open Download Copy Link||331.13 KB||23rd June 2023|
|USP-Tandori-Chicken-Burrito.pdf Open Download Copy Link||352.69 KB||23rd June 2023|
|USP-Winter-Menu.pdf Open Download Copy Link||956.55 KB||23rd June 2023|